You’ve got your blog ready and you’ve started posting pithy, useful information that your niche market can and will benefit from. As the days go by, you keep posting, but no one comments and your traffic statistics barely register. What are you doing
As with any website you own, you need to do some blog promotion to start driving traffic to your site. Here are 16 steps, in unspecified order of importance, that you can start doing now to drive traffic to your blog.
1. Set up an email form on your blog and invite everyone in your network to subscribe: family, friends, colleagues, clients, associates.
2. Set up a MyYahoo.com feed so that your site is always indexed by the Yahoo search engine.
3. Read and comment on other blogs that are in your target niche. Don’t write things like “nice blog” or “good post.” Write intelligent, useful comments with a link to your blog.
southwest airlines flight status
4. Use Ping-0-matic to ping blog directories. Do this every time you publish.
5. Submit your blog to the usual search engines.
6. Submit your blog to blog directories.
Tip: Create a form to track your submissions; it can take several hours if you first start to schedule an hour a day for submission or hire a VA to do it for you.
7. Add a link to your blog in your email signature file.
8. Put a link to your blog on every page of your website.
9. If you publish a newsletter, make sure you have a link to your blog in each issue.
10. Include a link to your blog as a basic part of all outgoing writing such as autoresponder lists, sales letters, reports, white paper, and so on.
11. Print your blog URL on your business cards, brochures and flyers.
12. Make sure you have an RSS feed URL that people can subscribe to. The acronym RSS stands for Rich Site Summary, or some may consider its definition as Really Simple Syndication. This is a type of document that lists updates to websites or blogs that are available for syndication. These RSS documents (also known as ‘feeds’) can be read by using aggregators (news readers). RSS feeds can display only headings or both headings and summaries.
13. Post regularly to continue to entice your subscribers to come back and refer you to others in their networks; include links to other blogs, articles and websites in your posts
14. Use Trackback links if you quote or view other blog posts. What is TrackBack? Essentially what it does is send a message from one server to another server informing it that you are posting a reference to what they have posted. The beauty is that a link to your blog is already included on their site.
when is the best time to buy a flight
15. Write articles to be posted around the web in article directories. Include a link to your blog in the author information box (See our signature example below).
allegiant air airlines flights
16. Make a commitment to blogging every day. 10 minutes a day can help increase your traffic because new content attracts search engine spiders. Put it on your calendar as a daily task at the same time.
Find Cheap Hotels Nearby
Tip: Use a hit counter to track your visitor statistics: number of unique visitors, number of page views, average duration of visit.